AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Florida Aquarium, a 501c (3) non-profit organization, is actively engaged in stewardship of the natural environment as a conservation-based attraction with mission programs that include conservation and research, education and outreach.
Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Center (STCR) Interns are primarily responsible for assisting STRC staff with their daily duties in providing exceptional care to our rehabilitating patients, maintaining a clean work environment and ensuring the upkeep of life support systems.
• Perform daily husbandry duties, including but not limited to, food and diet preparation, animal feeding, water quality testing, cleaning and maintaining of turtle holding systems, and maintaining life support and ozone systems.
• Assist with medical care of patients.
• Maintain detailed records and log books.
• Assist in sea turtle stranding's and releases as needed.
• Giving educational tours and/or presentations of the Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Center as needed.
• Complete an intern project and present to staff and volunteers at the end of the internship.
• Other duties as assigned.
• College undergraduate student or recent graduate
• A background or degree in Marine Science/Biology/Ecology or related field preferred
• Basic computer proficiency
• Ability to understand and follow detailed instructions
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Positive attitude with a desire to learn
• A valid driver’s license
• Ability to handle high temperatures, humidity, insects and carry up to 30 lbs
• Must commit to entire internship term accepted for: Fall/Winter Oct 1 – Jan 31 or Winter/Spring Jan 15 – April 30
• Available to work 30 hours per week (with potential for some 40 hour work weeks)
• Weekends and evenings may be required
• Able to work long and/or flexible hours as needed.
This internship is unpaid and complies with the Fair Labor Standard Act.
To apply fill out the application here: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=878pECFy_kynhjLR_o24YTKPdAPoDRxCrWvc3CrjKvdUQ0xUN0Q2UEZNMzYzWk82RjFFNjNHWE1FMC4u
Also send a Cover Letter, Resume or Current CV, and school transcripts to Internships@flaquarium.org
The Florida Aquarium701 Channelside DriveTampa, FL 33602Phone: 813-273-4121Fax: 813-273-4121
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.