AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Brevard Zoo is home to more than 900 animals representing 195 species from all over the world. As a not-for-profit organization, it is a leader in the fields of animal wellness, education and conservation.
The Communications Manager functions as a brand builder for the East Coast Zoological Society. This full-time position is responsible for assisting the Marketing and Communication Director with implementing annual marketing, media relations and general communication strategies including planning all schedules and creating all internal, external and online content which involves taking photos, shooting and editing videos and basic graphic design. This person will manage a Content Specialist, and at times, college interns and marketing volunteers.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or journalism and a minimum of four years’ experience working in marketing, public relations, advertising or other industry-related field.
• Applicant must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Applicant must be able to write effective marketing copy for target audiences and for a broad spectrum of communication channels.
• Applicants with skills in photography, videography and graphic design strongly preferred.
• Possess strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills to develop relationships and create effective solutions to marketing and communication problems.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud.
• Talented and knowledgeable of best practices with social media platforms.
• Flexible working schedule; will be required to work some evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Detail-oriented and exceptional organization and time-management skills are a must.
• Applicant must be capable of executing tasks independently, should be detail-oriented, physically able to lift and move event props, materials and equipment up to 30 pounds.
• Full-time • Health insurance (after waiting period) • Dental insurance (after waiting period) • Short-term disability insurance • Life insurance • Vision plan (after waiting period) • 403(b) retirement plan • Paid time off (after waiting period) • Employee assistance program • Uniform stipend • Zoo membership • Zoo and Treetop Trek tickets (after waiting period) • Admission to local attractions through AttractionShare
46000 - 49000
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to HR@brevardzoo.org.
Brevard Zoo8225 N Wickham RdMelbourne, FL 32940Phone: 321-254-9453
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.