AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
SEA LIFE Education Associate is responsible for delivering memorable guest experiences through educational talks, exhibit interpretation, and animal encounters. A SEA LIFE Education Associate is also responsible for upholding our operating standards of safety, service, presentation, and efficiency, along with driving positive guest satisfaction survey results. This is a Part-Time position.
1. Provides outstanding guest service and creates memorable guest experiences.
2. Uses interpretive techniques to educate guests throughout the aquarium.
3. Is expected to uphold high SEA LIFE operating standards of safety, service, presentation, and efficiency.
4. Is capable of interpreting exhibit information to guests of all ages, especially children.
5. Ensures standard operating procedures are always adhered to and followed.
6. Must be able to switch between daily tasks in a timely manner within a fast-paced daily schedule.
7. Is expected to handle crowd control, guest questions, and guest recovery as well as other operation issues as they surface.
8. Can learn and interpret the correct identification of marine animals and the ecology and conservation related to them.
9. Is able to observe and report the conditions of all animals, including monitoring touch pool animals safety and wellbeing.
10. Comfortable with handling and presenting animals, including snakes, and can follow proper animal handling procedures and protocols.
11. Can learn to identify and interpret biofacts/props to guests in the aquarium.
12. Is comfortable speaking in public, both in a one on one setting and to large groups in a show setting.
13. Can communicate any facility requirements, safety issues, or staffing issues to management.
14. Can conduct breaks for fellow employees in a timely matter.
15. Must work closely with other departments at SEA LIFE to create a positive work environment.
16. May assist SEA LIFE admissions staff when needed
17. May have additional tasks assigned on occasions.
Background and Experience:
Prior experience in an aquarium, zoo, or informal learning setting preferred
Prior experience working with children preferred
Animal handling experience preferred
Has a passion to educate guests about sea animals and ocean conservation
Must have flexible availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
Must be comfortable with public speaking
Must have excellent time keeping skills
Requires excellent skills in guest service and communication
Is self-motivated and demonstrates initiative
Shows strong attention to detail
Is a team player and works well with fellow employees
Apply online at: https://merlin.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/9419?c=merlin
SEA LIFE aquarium at LEGOLAND California Resort1 LEGOLAND DrCarlsbad, CA 92008
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.