AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Brevard Zoo is home to more than 900 animals representing 195 species from all over the world. As a not-for-profit organization, it is a leader in the fields of animal wellness, education and conservation.
Assists with a variety of Brevard Zoo’s conservation activities, as delegated by the conservation manager. These duties include but are not limited to: Women of the Wild oversight, Quarters for Conservation selection and execution, beach mice and pollinator care, and other programs as directed.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Biology, Wildlife Conservation, Sustainability, etc.)
• Field work experience preferred
• Background and strong passion for wildlife, nature, conservation, and sustainability
• A positive, flexible, proactive attitude
• Strong ability to take initiative, work well independently, and as part of a team
• Must be able to work as an integral part of the zoo team and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and guests.
• Ability to multi-task, work in groups, and lead a diverse team of volunteers and community members
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Computer competency with Microsoft and Adobe programs
• Flexible schedule and willing to work occasional early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays
• Ability to work outside in the Florida environment for long periods of time
• Experience in informal science interpretation preferred
• Experience with grant writing and reporting preferred
• Must have valid driver’s license and safe driving record
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
All qualified candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to Arearden@brevardzoo.org.
Brevard Zoo8225 N Wickham RoadMelbourne Beach, FL 32951Phone: 321-254-9453
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.