AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Assistant to Chief Development Officer
John Ball Zoo is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, with a mission to inspire people to be active participants in the conservation of wildlife and our natural environment. We are seeking a detail-oriented, executive-level professional, with proven project management experience to join our team.
The Executive Assistant reports to the Chief Development Officer and manages administrative projects and responsibilities related to the advancement functions of John Ball Zoo. The incumbent will be responsible for writing, editing, and proofing communications for constituents; producing proposals and capital campaign materials; coordinating meetings, tours, and project planning; supporting the Chief Development. The Executive Assistant will regularly interact with donors, board members, corporations, consultants, capital campaign committee, and government officials.
Skills and Abilities
• Advanced written, verbal, and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate and communicate to a broad cross-section of constituents.
• Advanced knowledge of constituent and database management software, and Microsoft Office suite programs.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects; be flexible, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize and manage confidential information.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
• Master’s degree in English, liberal arts, or other relevant field, with at least three years executive-level support experience. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with at least five years executive-level support experience.
• Project management/event planning experience.
• Advancement/nonprofit experience.
Qualified candidates apply here: https://jobapply.page.link/3eSe
John Ball Zoo1300 W. Fulton StreetGrand Rapids, MI 49504Phone: 6163365062
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.