AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Virginia Zoo seeks a Volunteer and Guest Engagement Specialist to assist the Education Department in the coordination and oversight of all Virginia Zoo volunteer programs with specific emphasis on on-grounds interpretation. The Volunteer and Guest Engagement Specialist will assist the Volunteer Coordinator with the recruitment, training, evaluation, and retention of volunteers in all volunteer programs with a specific emphasis on trail hosting, interpretation, community science, and community engagement programs. This position will also assist the Guest Engagement Coordinator with the administration of the Zoo’s teen volunteer program, the Conservation Youth Team, and the development of events and programming designed to engage guests of all ages.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
• At least 2 years of higher education or experience in volunteer management, guest experience, and/or interpretation.
• Experience working with high school students is a plus
• Excellent teaching and interpretive skills (NAI Certified Interpretive Guide is a plus)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with virtual platforms and computer software including Microsoft Office, Google Classroom and Better Impact or comparable platforms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to work in the following conditions.
• Comfortable moving 6-8 hour per day
• Ability to lift up to 20-30 lbs
• Work in all weather and climate conditions including very hot temperatures and rain.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and some evenings. Saturday and Sunday availability is required.
This position is permanent, part-time, year-round starting in June 2021. The position will be scheduled for 24-32 hours per week through most of the year. A special assignment in November 2021 through February 2022 will increase the hours to 40 per week only for that period.
To apply, please see visit our recruiting website: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/595262/Virginia-Zoological-Society/Volunteer-and-Guest-Engagement-Specialist
Virginia Zoo3500 Granby StNorfolk, VA 23504
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.