AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in zoology or a closely related discipline.
• Four (4) years’ experience in the care of captive wildlife, three (3) of which include the care and management of mammals.
• Experience with specific taxa may be required for some supervisory positions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have the ability to analyze and problem solve.
• Must have leadership and team building abilities.
• Detail oriented, organized and good time management skills.
• The ability to interact with a diverse team and audience.
• The ability to provide consistent feedback and direction to staff.
• Two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
Detroit Zoological Society8450 W. 10 Mile Rd.Royal Oak, MI 48067Phone: 248-541-5717Fax: 248-541-5847
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.