AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: This is an unpaid position intended to provide training and professional experience to students or other appropriate individuals whose career intent includes hospitality, tourism, and/or Membership/guest/customer service. This internship will provide practical entry-level experience by working directly with the Senior Director of Membership and Guest Experience and the entire Membership and Guest Experience teams to provide support to day to day administration, planning, and special projects.
• Assist the Senior Director of Membership and Guest Experience in the execution and evaluation of Zoo Atlanta’s Quality Service Design plan
• Assist with correspondence, including responding to guest inquiries and comments, travel site comments, and social media comments relating to the visitor experience
• Assist with guest experience interviews and surveys
• Assist with reporting travel site, mystery shop, and survey scores
• Assist with planning/designing annual and ongoing customer service trainings
• Assist with ongoing internal communication supporting Zoo Atlanta’s Quality Service Design plan
• Assist, as appropriate, with the execution of special events and departmental activities
• Design, propose and work on a special project relating to internship and career goals
• Other projects as assigned
• Gain professional hands-on experience in helping Zoo Atlanta create and deliver a guest experience that is fun, interactive, inclusive of our diverse audience and inspires our guest to take conservation action.
• Support Zoo Atlanta’s mission, vision, values, and strategic plan
• Enhance the productivity and efficiency in the Guest Experience department
• Provide excellent service to Zoo Atlanta’s visitors
• The chance to further develop professional skills and explore potential careers within zoos
• Gain experience designing, executing and evaluating a quality service program
• A chance to network professionally within one of the world’s most respected zoological and conservation organizations
• A chance to join Zoo Atlanta in its mission of wildlife conservation, education and industry leading research
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program OR a recent graduate in nonprofit management, social work, or related field
• Must be willing to submit to a background check and provide proof of negative TB test
• Available to intern a minimum of 10 weeks (scheduling can be flexible according to academic schedule and individual needs)
• Available to commit a minimum of 20 hours per week
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects is desired
• Energetic and ready to do a variety of jobs
• Candidates must have outstanding communication and organizational skills
• Extremely strong oral and written communication skills
• Organizational, research, and editorial skills
• Must be reliable, flexible and work well in a team oriented environment
• Experience with Survey Monkey, MailChimp amd Trip Advisor preferred, but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to occasionally work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year, therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees and interns to work some weekends, holidays, and evenings.
Zoo Atlanta800 Cherokee Ave SEAtlanta, GA 30315
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.