AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: Zoo Atlanta’s Public Events team is seeking ambitious candidates who are eager to learn more about event management. This unpaid internship will provide professional experience in a non-profit organization and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced event environment. The internship will offer a chance to learn about event management through hands-on projects and help prepare interns for future job opportunities. Interns are expected to have experience and growing interest in event management.
• Assist with event planning, set-up and execution for the Zoo's signature events including Brew at the Zoo, Art Gone Wild and Wild World Weekend
• Attend planning and logistics meetings with Zoo staff and partners
• Assist with securing vendors, entertainment and exhibitors for events
• Create signage and materials for events
• Assist with mascot management
• Assist with special projects and event research
• Assist with routine office work
• Assist with off-site event support and promotional efforts
• Provide general assistance/information to members and guests
• Other duties as assigned
• Gain valuable hands-on experience in event planning and execution
• Develop professional skills and explore potential careers available within zoos
• Network professionally within one of the world’s most respected zoological and conservation organizations
• Provide excellent service to Zoo Atlanta’s members and guests
• Join Zoo Atlanta in its mission of wildlife conservation, education, and industry leading research
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program OR a recent graduate in hospitality, marketing, PR, communications, volunteer/nonprofit management or related field.
• Must be willing to submit to a background check
• Available to commit a minimum of 16-24 hours per week.
Saturday/Sunday availability is required.
• Available to assist with daytime and nighttime events.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
• Should be proficient with all Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments.
• Demonstrate creativity and initiative to follow through on projects.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
• Individual should possess an appreciation of wildlife and be in agreement with the philosophy and mission of Zoo Atlanta.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Job requires good physical condition and ability to work long periods of time outdoors and on foot. Some extended hours, including nights and weekends, are required during summer and fall seasons. Requires lifting up to 50 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year, therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees and interns to work some weekends, holidays, and evenings.
Complete Online Application then email Cover letter, resume, and 2 letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. The internship you are applying for needs to be in the subject line of the email.
• Cover letter must include:
1. Term for which you are applying, available start date and number of days available per week.
2. Why you are applying for this internship
3. What makes you a good candidate for this internship
4. If you are applying to multiple departments for internships at Zoo Atlanta. If so, please indict your top choice.
• 2 letters of recommendation may be submitted by the applicant or the reference; however, the applicant’s name should appear in the subject line of the email.
• Submit all required documents as one PDF or Microsoft Word file. (Letters of reference being sent directly from the reference are the only exception)
• Complete applications must be submitted by 4:00PM on the day of the application deadline.
• You will need to contact your college/university advisor to determine if our program qualifies for credit at your institution
• We make every effort to support additional projects your advisor requires in order to receive credit and are happy to discuss modifications of our program with your advisor
• Any paperwork, including project terms, evaluations, minimum hours, or any other requirements must be submitted upon acceptance into the program, no later than 2 weeks prior to the term start date.
• No preferential treatment will be granted to interns earning credit over interns not earning credit.
All submitted applications will be reviewed by the Manager of Volunteer Programs. Complete applications from applicants who have followed all directions will be sent onto internship departments for review and potential phone interviews. Applicants who do not follow directions will not be considered for internships.
Zoo Atlanta800 Cherokee Ave SEAtlanta, GA 30315
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.