AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Buffalo Zoo is looking for skilled Maintenance Technicians that possess one or more skillsets that demonstrate mechanical aptitude; proficiency in one or more of the skilled service, maintenance or building trades. Can perform routine repairs on Zoo structures, machinery and plumbing fixtures on a variety of mechanical equipment. Must have knowledge of building codes, structure repair, building system troubleshooting and repair (i.e. electrical, plumbing, etc.), amusement ride maintenance, material fabrication, mechanical repair, carpentry, masonry and painting skills.
Basic Purpose and Responsibility
Under the supervision of the Director of Facilities and Construction, the Maintenance Technicians perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled duties related to the construction, repair, cleaning and maintenance of Zoo grounds, buildings and facilities. Maintenance staff are expected to perform all job assignments with a positive attitude that support the Buffalo Zoo’s mission of “Building Community, Creating Connections, Saving Wildlife”. They must also embrace and carry forward daily the Zoo’s core values. Positions are hourly non-exempt CSEA union positions.
Education (Minimum Needed):
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Associates Degree, specialized training and/or certifications from a technical college in construction related fields are preferred.
• Mechanical aptitude.
Experience (Minimum Needed):
• Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Must possess or be able to obtain within 30-days of employment a valid New York State driver’s license and have an average or better driving record based on the evaluation process of our insurance company. Retention of position is contingent upon maintaining required license. Must upgrade to classification appropriate to requirements (non-CDLC or CDL class).
• Understand and carry out instructions.
• Strong interest in one or more of the skilled service, maintenance or building trades.
Pay range dependent upon skills and experience: $19.04 - $23.65 per hour upon successful completion of probation. During the probationary period the hourly wage is 85% of the full rate.
Some of the benefits available include health plan, life insurance, dental, vision, 403B pension plan, annual leave, holiday, and sick time benefits. Benefits available after the successful completion of a probationary period of 60 days of work (sick time available immediately).
Pay range dependent upon skills and experience: $19.04 - $23.65 per hour.
How to Apply
Please submit resume outlining education and experience by May 28, 2021 to (no phone calls please):
Attn: Maintenance Technicians
300 Parkside Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14214
Buffalo Zoo300 Parkside AvenueBuffalo, NY 14214Phone: 7168373900Fax: 7168333743
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.