AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Welcome to Merlin Entertainments! Take a magical role at SEA LIFE Kansas City and LEGOLAND Discovery Center !
About The Role
The Facilities Manager is a vital role, ensuring that all the fun and magic is being delivered at optimal level. On a daily basis, the Facilities Manager is responsible for planned and reactive maintenance throughout the attraction to ensure the day-to-day operation is running smoothly, safely, and efficient. With a team of technicians, you will be responsible for ensuring adequate cover is on site during all opening times to maintain all aspects of the attraction including the rides, cinema, equipment, and machinery.
· Maintain, repair and troubleshoot all aspects of the physical plant/facility equipment and machinery including: HVAC, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and plumbing systems as well as rides and themed attractions.
· Able to utilize hands-on knowledge and experience to solve problems to sustain minimal downtime of rides and themed attractions for the maximum guest experience.
· Position functions will include: re-lamping & lighting systems, painting and wall repair, food and beverage equipment, rides maintenance, oversight of custodial duties, shipping and receiving as well as exhibit setup and takedown.
· Ensure all statutory equipment periodic inspections are arranged and all in-house inspection regimes are implemented or developed and subsequently implemented if found necessary.
· Ensure all follow-up recommendations are carried out with immediate effect and that all relevant paperwork and signoffs are completed.
· Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, tight budget environment.
· Prepare, monitor, and maintain an environment of continuous improvement through operational action plans and operating budgets.
· Build, manage, and motivate a strong, competent team by developing employees to their full potential and by creating a culture of quality and achievement.
· Responsibility to ensure compliance of Health, Safety & Security within the workplace and in line with the Group Policy (HS001).
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· You will be highly self-motivated with previous maintenance experience, ideally holding a professional qualification in a mechanical or electrical field with experience maintaining a wide range of equipment, including rides.
· Minimum of 3-5 years managerial experience in a technical/themed environment. Specific areas to include: animation, automation, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical/electronics, and networks; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
· Experience in a guest centric service industry is preferred.
· Experience of maintaining flexibility and the highest level of service in high-pressure and/or stressful situations.
· Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task as necessary.
· Desire to work in fast-paced environments.
· A natural team leader with a confident, assertive but approachable personality.
· Enthusiastic, boundless and infectious energy about the business and the ability to enthuse others.
· Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
At least 2+ years of technical college or degree preferred.
About The Benefits
In return you will find a competitive salary and benefits package including robust and affordable medical, vision, & dental plans, generous PTO, company-paid life and disability insurance, 401(k) matching plan offering) and free entry to all of our Merlin attractions which also extends to family and friends. In addition, you can expect continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization.
Merlin Entertainments is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
Merlin Entertainments (SEA LIFE Aquarium Kansas City and LEGOLAND Discovery Center)2475 Grand BlvdKansas City, MO 64108
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.