AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Did you know?
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades!
At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing!
As a 365 day/year operation, part-time candidates are expected to provide flexible availability to support year-round operating needs. This may include, but is not limited to, working opening, mid-day and closing shifts during peak and non-peak seasons, as well as weekends and holidays.
Requirements and Competencies
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must be able to pass qualifying swim test and annual swim test competency exam
• Must be SCUBA certified and have the ability to pass a dive physical
• Must be able to complete provided CPR training/certification
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be in excellent health and physical condition
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
• Must be able to lift, push and pull 75 pounds
• Must be able to swim and work in/around water
• Must be comfortable working with animals
• Must be comfortable with heights
• Must be comfortable with exposure to noise, vibrations and motion
• Must be able to train on and properly use protective gear
• Must be comfortable working around fumes/dust/odor
• Must be comfortable working around chemicals
• Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions and temperature extremes
• Must be available to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, to include opening, mid-, and closing shifts; nights, weekends, and holidays
• Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Biology or related field preferred
• 6 months dolphin interaction program experience preferred
• Bilingual strongly preferred
• Possession of a valid state driver’s license preferred
• Perform all daily approved husbandry tasks including food preparation
• Maintain safe and sanitary work areas and animal living environments
• Initiate application of short-term behavioral troubleshooting in a pro-active manner
• Make daily observations of animals and report any abnormalities to staff supervisor
• Develop speaking skills and customer service techniques for performing support roles during interaction programs, as well as in daily tasks
• Maintain all equipment and area responsibilities on a daily basis
• Develop animal conditioning skills and techniques; maintain each animal’s current criteria level through effective observation, listening, and training application
• Act as an ambassador for the company at all times
• Provide exceptional guest service
• Perform other duties as assigned
Please apply online at
Discovery CoveOrlando, FL
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.