AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Facilities Manager is a vital role, ensuring that all the fun and magic is being delivered at optimal level. On a daily basis, the Facilities Manager is responsible for planned and reactive maintenance throughout the attraction to ensure the day-to-day operation is running smoothly, safely, and efficient. With a team of technicians, you will be responsible for ensuring adequate cover is on site during all opening times to maintain all aspects of the attraction including the rides, cinema, equipment, and machinery.
· Maintain, repair and troubleshoot all aspects of the physical plant/facility equipment and machinery including: HVAC, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and plumbing systems as well as rides and themed attractions.
· Able to utilize hands-on knowledge and experience to solve problems to sustain minimal downtime of rides and themed attractions for the maximum guest experience.
· Position functions will include: re-lamping & lighting systems, painting and wall repair, food and beverage equipment, rides maintenance, oversight of custodial duties, shipping and receiving as well as exhibit setup and takedown.
· Ensure all statutory equipment periodic inspections are arranged and all in-house inspection regimes are implemented or developed and subsequently implemented if found necessary.
· Ensure all follow-up recommendations are carried out with immediate effect and that all relevant paperwork and signoffs are completed.
· Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, tight budget environment.
· Prepare, monitor, and maintain an environment of continuous improvement through operational action plans and operating budgets.
· Build, manage, and motivate a strong, competent team by developing employees to their full potential and by creating a culture of quality and achievement.
· Responsibility to ensure compliance of Health, Safety & Security within the workplace and in line with the Group Policy (HS001).
· Perform other duties as assigned.
3-5 years managerial experience in a technical/themed environment
In return you will find a competitive salary and benefits package including robust and affordable medical, vision, & dental plans, generous PTO, company-paid life and disability insurance, 401(k) matching plan offering) and free entry to all of our Merlin attractions which also extends to family and friends. In addition, you can expect continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization.
Merlin Entertainments2475 Brand Blvd SEALIFE & LEGOLANDKansas City, MO 64108Fax: Merlin Entertainments
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.