AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The St. Louis Aquarium at Union Station is currently looking for an energetic and dynamic Biologist Trainer 1 to join our team. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day husbandry and wellbeing of the ambassador animals within the Aquarium, with a specific focus on operant conditioning.
As a Biologist - Trainer I, you will be responsible for using operant conditioning to facilitate guest engagement opportunities through public presentations with the facility’s wide variety of animals.
· Undertake daily operations to ensure highest level of safety, courtesy, education, efficiency, and operational readiness at all times.
· Train animal behavior and provide enrichment activities.
· Public presentations and interactive programs consistent with the facility’s philosophy and procedures.
· Maintain positive representation to professional agencies and institutions.
· Compliance with health and safety standards in accordance with local municipality, state and federal rules and regulations.
· Provide animal care and ensure habitats meet compliance of facility specific policies and procedures.
· Maintain up-to-date electronic records on animal health, training sessions, enrichment, water quality, system maintenance, and system checks, as necessary.
· Monitor, identify, and communicate any animal health concerns.
· In collaboration with Guest Experience Department and the Aquarium Foundation, ensure habitats and programs engage, educate, and entertain diverse audiences.
· Work closely with the Aquarium Foundation to ensure volunteers and educators provide exemplary guest service and engagement.
· Perform daily dive requirements.
· Other duties as assigned.
Full-time, paid experience in zoological animal husbandry with emphasis on operant conditioning, educational presentations, and interpretive guest engagement.
SCUBA Diver certification required.
First Aid, Emergency O2, and CPR/AED certifications required.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline required.
Competency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Click the link to apply: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=21968&clientkey=DA34931F6397DE8D5D0065FB29973607
St. Louis Aquarium at Union StationSt. Louis, MO
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.