AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Full Time non-exempt hourly position
Basic Purpose and Responsibility:
Under the supervision of the Guest Experience Manager, the Guest Experience Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Admissions and Satellite areas; and supervision of the Guest Services team.
You have a passion for leading a team who shares your desire to provide exceptional experiences for all Buffalo Zoo guests. The desired candidate has excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills. You must enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
To perform at a proficient level and be fully qualified, a person would be expected to have:
Education (Minimum Needed):
• High school diploma.
Experience (Minimum Needed):
• Three years in a supervisory customer service role, preferably in high volume fast paced hospitality or service industry environment.
• Three to five years of cash management experience.
• Two to three years in a Safety Critical management role.
• Experience in developing and implementing Safety and Guest Service training plans.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise, motivate and carry forward an atmosphere that promotes a positive team environment and the highest quality guest experience.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, and the public.
• Enjoy working with the public and diverse populations.
• Ability to prioritize daily work and demonstrate time management skills with an aim toward continuous improvement and results.
• Be interested in and enthusiastic about the mission, vision and progress of the Buffalo Zoo.
• Possess strong communications and interpersonal skills with an ability to offer positive and constructive feedback to team members.
• Quick adaptation and problem solving skills, with the ability to exercise good judgment and a professional and poised attitude in changing and sometimes stressful environments.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong cash handling skills.
• Reliable and punctual attendance habits.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Ability to work weekends and holidays.
• Must possess or be able to obtain within 30-days of employment a valid New York State driver’s license and have an average or better driving record based on the evaluation process of our insurance company. Retention of position is contingent upon maintaining required license. Must upgrade to classification appropriate to requirements (non-CDLC or CDL class).
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Use computer hardware and software for extended periods of time (repetitive motion). Sitting for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The Buffalo Zoo is an At Will employer and all Buffalo Zoo employees are subject to employment eligibility and background security checks as well as testing for illegal substance use as allowed by law. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Benefits available include health plan, life insurance, dental, vision, 403B retirement plan, annual leave time, holiday time, and sick time benefits. Benefits are available after the successful completion of an introductory probation period of 60 days of work.
Salary commensurate with experience
Please submit resume and cover letter (no phone calls please) by August 27, 2019 to:
Buffalo Zoo300 Parkside AvenueBuffalo, NY 14214Phone: 7168373900Fax: 7168333743
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.