AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Fall 2019 Internship
Accepting Resumes: June 15th-July 15th
Internship Start Date: September 3rd
Internship End Date: Week of December 15th
The goal of this internship is to provide students valuable experience in the animal care and training field. They will work under the direct supervision of the National Aviary's Education Trainers. The internship focuses on the care and training the Education collection comprising approximately 80 birds: hornbills, parrots, birds of prey and other mixed species. These birds appear in free flight shows and other education settings including classes, outreaches, and encounters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education Trainers and interns work in a very fast-paced environment. Due to the nature of the work, applicants must:
• Be able to lift 50 pounds
• Prepare diets that include mice and chick
• Work around allergens such as nuts, fish, and latex
• Work as a member of a team and independently
• Be a self-starter with a positive attitude
• Interact positively with the public
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Work a minimum of 3 days a week for fall and spring semesters and 5 days a week for the summer
• Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
• Must be willing to work 7:30AM-4:00PM
Interested applicants should provide a cover letter, resume, and letter of recommendation to Christa Gaus at email@example.com
National Aviary700 Arch StreetPittsburgh, PA 15212Phone: 412-323-7235
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.