AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Must have experience in an administrative role and/or customer service job. Familiarity with online scheduling software like Thriva or Altru, and When to Work is a plus.
Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening and criminal background check.
Must have a valid driver’s license and must be insurable as a Zoo Driver.
Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Google calendars and e-mail.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate the ability to interact clearly and effectively with both internal and external customers.
Must be able to provide proof that you can legally work in the United States.
Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors, Zoo staff, and the public.
Must have a high attention to detail while multi-tasking.
Possess the ability to stay organized and (re)prioritize daily tasks while working with strict deadlines.
This job requires great flexibility in work schedule with weekday, weekends, evenings and occasional late nights as necessary to fulfill job duties and program requests.
Take ownership and pride in responsibilities
Ability to make good decisions regarding the welfare of children, animals, guests and organization.
Ability to remain calm under pressure
Experience working with children is a plus.
Willingness to learn to work with a variety of animals.
Experience working with diverse audiences and varying group size.
Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Ensure discretion with confidential information.
• Maintains courteous, helpful and professional behavior on the job. Will support the success of the entire team by promoting a collaborative work environment.
• Adheres to all CM Zoo Policies and Procedures, CM Zoo Safety Policies and Procedures, USDA guidelines and OSHA safety guidelines.
• Consistently contributes to problem solving and cooperates with identified resolutions.
• Must demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality.
• Brings issues and process improvement ideas to the attention of the Supervisor.
• Maintains verbal and written skills required for the position.
• Attends meetings and participates in committees as required.
• Completes trainings as required.
• Adheres to Company Dress Code Policy. Always “Zoo Crisp!”
• Demonstrates appropriate level of time management in support of co-workers and the entire team.
• Represent the Zoo in a professional manner
To include but not limited to the following:
Program Registration (60% of job)
• Provide excellent guest service while responding and communicating with clients via telephone and email about program inquiries.
• Register participants via our online registration system (Altru), which includes sending program confirmation information, health forms, waivers and payment balances.
• Create and maintain program rosters and spreadsheets for distribution to the appropriate Zoo staff.
• Reserve appropriate program facilities for EdVenture department programs.
• Take payment information and keep excellent accounting records for program coordinators and finance departments.
Support for Zoo Programs (40% of job)
• Input and maintain an organized calendar in When To Work software of all programs; distributed on a weekly basis to all departments.
• Receive deposits and reconcile payments for all programs within the EdVenture department as well as with the Zoo’s finance department.
• Order and maintain requested office supplies for all EdVenture staff.
• Aid EdVenture as necessary with other administrative duties appropriate to all EdVenture programs.
• Travel off-grounds for Zoo related errands in personal vehicle.
• Update and maintain EdVenture training documents.
• Update and maintain EdVenture program packets.
• Assume the role of relief position for the EdVenture Office Administrator.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must be a self-starter, take initiative, possess a high level of multi-tasking ability under moderate degree of pressure and be able to work with limited supervision.
EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
Must be a cooperative and collaborative member of the team and able to handle interruptions and requests for information and assistance from employees with an attitude of good customer service.
Candidate works closely with Office Administrator, office supervisory staff, and our guests.
Contacts are with all Education staff, youth participants and parents, all Zoo departments and our very important Zoo guests.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Requirements - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; lift heavy objects; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, see, hear and smell. The employee is occasionally required to reach and stretch with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Requires full range of body motion, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination; requires the ability to use department equipment, to communicate effectively; requires standing, walking, sitting (possibly for long periods of time) and performing repetitive tasks (including working on the computer) for up to the entire work day; requires the ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds using appropriate body mechanics.
• Visual, Hearing and Communication Requirements - Requires corrected vision and hearing to within normal range, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Environmental Conditions – Working in a closed office environment and an outdoor environment. Work space may be shared. Working conditions may be noisy with fluctuating indoor and/or outdoor temperatures. May be exposed to a risk of bodily injury through contact with moving instrumentation, substances and other conditions common to an office or Zoo environment. Subject to exposure to animals or Guests which may have the potential for physical aggression. May be exposed to a risk of bodily injury through contact with moving instrumentation, toxic substances, bodily fluids, animal attack, communicable diseases, outdoor weather conditions and other conditions common in a Zoo environment. Subject to unpleasant odors. May be exposed to wet/humid/sunny conditions.
• Pressure Factor - Requires working under stressful conditions. Moderate pressure to meet scheduled and recurring deadlines.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo4250 Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Roa Colorado SpringsColorado Springs, CO 80906Phone: 7194247827
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.