AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Toledo Zoo and Aquarium
In addition to all the responsibilities and duties of the Zookeeper, under the direction of the Curatorial Staff, the Lead Keeper may perform the following functions.
• Maintaining staff time records and time off requests
• Responsible for maintaining standards set by USDA APHIS as well as records and SOP’s
• Assist with department scheduling
• Delegating designated tasks to keepers
• Monitoring staff performance and reporting performance or problems to department head
• Counseling animal care staff on minor job performance issues
• Scheduling tours
• Creating and tracking orders
• Other operational, husbandry, human resources and communications responsibilities as needed
Bachelor’s degree in related field, one to two years zookeeper experience with at least 2 years of venomous experience, experience with invertebrate husbandry and knowledge of APHIS regulations, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities preferred. Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable by the fleet insurance carrier. The Toledo Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a drug and alcohol free workplace and offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Toledo Zoo & Aquarium 2605 Broadway ToledoToledo, OH 43609Phone: 4193855721Fax: Toledo Zoo and Aquarium
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.