Choose among the following membership categories for individuals working in zoos and aquariums.
- Professional Associate
Designed for individuals employed by, or actively seeking employment in zoos or aquariums who support the mission, vision, and goals of AZA. This category is available to those who share a non-commercial professional interest such as volunteers and docents and those in related fields like conservation, academia, and government. Download an application (PDF) or apply online now for $80 (U.S. Dollars) and receive benefits through December 2016!
- Professional Affiliate
Employees of an AZA-accredited Institution, International Facility, Related Facility, Conservation Partner, or Commercial Member are eligible to apply for Professional Affiliate and access upgraded benefits. Download an application (PDF) or apply online now for $95 (U.S. Dollars) and receive benefits through December 2016!
- Professional Fellow
Management-level employees at an AZA-accredited Institution, Certified Related Facility, or Conservation Partner (supporting society of an AZA-accredited Institution) are eligible. Professional Fellows help shape association policy by voting in AZA elections and are eligible to chair AZA committees and be considered to serve on the Board of Directors. Download an application (PDF) or apply online now for $195 (U.S. Dollars) and receive benefits through December 2016!
New! In addition to membership categories for professionals working in zoos and aquariums, two categories are now available for individuals NOT working in the zoo and aquarium (or related) field.
- The Student category is designed for individuals preparing for a career in zoos and aquariums and are enrolled full-time or part-time in a degree-granting college or university. Download an application (PDF) now.
- The Friend of Zoos and Aquariums category is now available to those individuals who share the conservation mission of the AZA but are not working at a zoo or aquarium.
Core Professional Individual Member Benefits
The following are primary benefits for all Professional Associate, Professional Affiliate and Professional Fellow level members:
- Stay informed about the zoo and aquarium professional community with member-exclusive subscriptions to AZA’s Connect magazine and the monthly member e-newsletter, INSIGHT;
- Access to the Members Only resources of the AZA Web site where you’ll find animal management information, membership directory, business benchmarking data, conference proceedings and more;
- Eligibility to serve on an AZA committee if selected;
- Tap into thousands of dollars to pursue training and conservation work through Conservation Grants Fund – eligibility only available to AZA members;
- Save with deep discounts on conference registrations and professional development courses;
- Plan field study at other zoos and aquariums and receive discounted or free admissions;
- View AZA’s Job Listings board where open positions are available across the country and internationally at zoos and aquariums;
- Network with your peers on the AZA Network– a private social networking community bringing together individuals to share knowledge, best practices and experiences;
- Receive priority enrollment in AZA’s Professional Development Training Program, where you’ll learn skills and enhance career advancement opportunities in various zoo and aquarium management courses;
- Take advantage of savings through the valuable Smart Source program and enjoy deep cooperative purchasing discounts on products and services you use everyday!
- Access AZA's Online Membership Directory where Professional members can view member organizations and demographic data reported for each.
Additional Benefits for Professional Affiliates
Professional Affiliate membership requires individuals work at an AZA-accredited institution, Related Facility, Conservation Partner, or Commercial member. In addition to the core benefits listed above, Professional Affiliate level membership provides:
- Access and be list in AZA’s Online Membership Directory - the ‘who’s who’ of zoo and aquarium professionals!
Additional Benefits for Professional Fellows
AZA’s premier level of individual membership, the Professional Fellow, requires individuals work in a management capacity at an AZA-accredited Institution, Related Facility, or Conservation Partner affiliated with an Institution. In addition to the core benefits listed above, Professional Fellow level membership provides these additional benefits:
- Signify your commitment and leadership with your peers in shaping the policy of AZA with voting rights in association elections;
- Take your commitment one step further with eligibility to chair a committee or serve on the AZA Board of Directors;
- Access to view Animal Exchange online.