Organization: New England Aquarium
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Job or Internship: Job
The Membership and Annual Fund Department raises approximately $3 million annually to support the mission of the New England Aquarium. As a member of this team, the Membership and Annual Fund Senior Coordinator is responsible for the successful implementation of several key revenue-generating and stewardship programs; supporting department leadership through the utilization of technology to ensure accurate transactions / recordkeeping, providing exceptional member and donor service, and providing a solid foundation for growth in the program; representing the Membership and Annual Fund Department with a high degree of professionalism to both internal and external audiences; and taking an active role in Membership and Annual Fund program marketing, events, and stewardship activities.
1. Contribute to the establishment of near- and long-term Membership and Annual Fund programs’ strategy and plan for program sustainability and growth for all individual donors of $1 to $499.
2. Participate in the creation of a comprehensive and integrated e-communication strategy to steward current members/donors, solicit new and renewing members/donors, and accept online gifts using Convio/Luminate.
3. Assist department leadership in the initial implementation of a comprehensive and integrated e-communication strategy and continue with primary responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the plan, monitoring the process and making recommendations for improvements.
4. Maintain excellence of member service by utilizing the functionalities of our core Development systems including, but not limited to, The Raiser’s Edge, Vantix/ATMS and Convio/Luminate, understanding applicable procedures and maintaining data integrity.
5. Create, generate and analyze reports to assess Membership and Annual Fund programs and make recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
6. Work directly with the Membership and Annual Fund Manager to coordinate all Development e-communications through Convio/Luminate; produce appealing, branded messages; improve the Aquarium’s online presence for members and donors; and increase our online member/donor revenue year to year.
7. Collaborate on the content development and creation of Membership and Annual Fund marketing, solicitation, fulfillment and stewardship marketing and communication materials.
8. Provide back up support to the Membership and Annual Fund Assistant and Coordinator to provide daily service to our 20,000+ member households and donors, representing the Aquarium in a prompt, professional, accurate, and friendly manner. This includes:
a. responding to incoming phone, email and mail inquiries;
b. helping current and prospective members/donors and the Aquarium community understand Membership and Annual Fund programs and policies;
c. processing membership sales, upgrades and donations;
d. providing efficient follow-up to resolve member/donor issues;
e. referring issues requiring additional assistance to the appropriate department or individual; and
f. understanding and enforcing Membership and Annual Fund policies and procedures, recognizing patterns, identifying problems and recommending improvements.
9. Assist with the marketing, tracking, planning and implementation of all Membership and Annual Fund programs, events and promotions. This includes working at all member events and assisting with on site sales during school vacation weeks and other peak visiting days.
10. Serve as an internal ambassador of the Membership and Annual Fund department, representing the department in a friendly, professional manner to facilitate partnerships, provide Membership and Annual Fund training as appropriate and advance a culture of philanthropy within the institution.
11. Be alert to sales and stewardship efforts institution-wide and bring any concerns to the attention of department leadership.
12. As part of the Membership and Annual Fund team, plan and execute responsibilities to meet the departmental goals and objectives, grow membership enrollment, increase unrestricted giving, encourage a culture of philanthropy and promote a positive impression of the New England Aquarium.
13. Other position-related duties as assigned by department leadership.
Minimum Training and Experience
Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 3 - 5 years of membership and annual fund or related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
New England Aquarium is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.NEAQ.ORG TO APPLY ONLINE