Organization: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc.
Location: Dallas , TX, Country
Job or Internship: Job
This Administrative Assistant position primarily provides clerical administrative support to the Vice-President of Conservation & Education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list is not intended to include all of the specific tasks which an employee in this position may be expected to perform. Responsibilities include the following:
• Provide clerical support including but not limited to ordering office supplies, scheduling rooms, answering phones, writing emails, project work, etc.
• Typing, data entry, copying, maintaining files, process incoming/outgoing correspondence.
• Operate various audio/visual equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Two years plus administrative clerical experience.
• Work experience in an educational and/or conservation environment is preferred.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent attention to detail with demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness of work.
• Ability to be organized and multi-task within timelines.
• Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing, and edit work for spelling and grammar.
• Requires a positive attitude and strong work ethic with the desire to work as a team member.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Publisher).
• Must be a Texas resident at the time of employment.
• Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull bend, climb stairs and ladders and carry up to 50lbs.
• Must have a valid driver’s license (to operate Zoo vehicles) and reliable transportation.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applicants MUST place job code CEDAA in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.