Organization: Red River Zoo
Location: Fargo, North Dakota, Country
Job or Internship: Job
Title: Guest Services Manager
This is an opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic organization with strong career support and an amazing team of coworkers.
Major Responsibility: Assist and provide support to business operations throughout the year. Manage daily office operations and guest services throughout the year. This position directly oversees seasonal guest service employees.
Schedule: 40 hours per week, requires weekends, evenings and some holidays.
Reports to: Business Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Guest Services:
The Guest Services Department consists of the following areas:
1. Admissions Desk
2. Gift Shop Sales
3. Concessions Stand
4. Carousel Operations
• Recruit, interview and hire to ensure adequate staffing levels for guest services needs including volunteers in winter months.
• Train guest service employees in the various functions of their job to ensure the highest levels of customer service.
• Ensure proper cash management & handling procedures.
• Supervision and oversight of seasonal guest services staff throughout shifts during high-traffic times.
1. Recruitment, recognition, scheduling, general training and management of guest service staff.
2. Ensure all revenue-generating locations are kept clean, well organized and all equipment is in good repair.
3. Maintains inventory of guest service areas, including admission desk, restrooms, concession, and gift shop and carousel pavilion.
4. Ensure safe food service practices, complying with state and local ordinances.
5. Assist all guest services staff with opening and closing duties and ensure check list is completed, including employee break coverage.
• Cash Handling:
1. Reconcile tills with staff at the end of each shift; maintain accurate records with explanations of under/overages.
2. Run daily sales reports to create accurate bank deposits.
3. Supply change for cash registers as needed.
• Office Operations:
1. Ensure deposits are completed and change is available for weekend sales
2. Track data accurately using Microsoft excel.
3. Coordinate production of Business membership packages quarterly, ensuring they are mailed or delivered in a timely fashion.
4. Assist management with mailings, special projects, etc as requested
Requirements and considerations:
• Retail sales and customer service experience a must.
• Ability to problem solve and implement innovative solutions.
• Must have the ability to communicate policies, mission and expectations of the Red River Zoo to guest service employees and volunteers.
• Detail-oriented and strong database management skills, proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Must be able to resolve differences/problems with employees and visitors.
• Proven and effective supervisory skills
• Professional, positive attitude.
Email cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org attention: Business Manager