Organization: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc.
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Captures and edits video and still visual images for internal and external uses..
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create videos and photos for Web and social media platforms, under direction of Staff Photographer.
• Create/capture photographic images to fulfill communication strategies and Zoo advancement communications, in coordination with Staff Photographer.
• Capture photographs from events for use in communications, advertising, cultivation, and stewardship purposes, in coordination with Staff Photographer
• Help script, develop and film a constant supply of Zoo content, including ZooTube videos, animal features and staff interviews, to run across a variety of platforms, in coordination with staff photographer and director of communications & social media.
• Help maintain the Zoo’s photographic archives and inventory.
• Regularly explore other zoological institutions’ video and photo efforts and suggest best practices for the Dallas Zoo to staff photographer and director of communications & social media.
• Provide photographic resources to staff members for presentations and other projects.
• Serve as a resource for other zoos and aquariums for animal photos as requested.
• Assist Staff Photographer during photographic fee-based programs such as Photo Safaris, Photography Camps and personalized photography sessions.
• Coordinate and staff commercial photo shoots and media photo needs, under direction of Staff Photographer.
• Assist with providing necessary photographic documentation for Zoo animal procedures, including necropsies, training sessions, animal moves, etc.
• Perform other editorial assignments and duties as assigned.
• B.A., B.S. or equivalent degree preferred.
• Minimum of two years of professional videography and photography experience, with nature/wildlife videography/photography experience preferred. Porfolio and other examples of work created in previous positions.
• Demonstrated knowledge of digital photography and videographic media.
• Familiarity with various video editing suites and platforms, as well as video posting sites such as YouTube and Vimeo.
• Willingness and ability to learn new techniques and technologies.
• Ability to capture visual images that illustrate specific messages to a variety of audiences.
• Must be flexible, self-motivated, and a team player, able to establish and maintain an effective rapport with all levels of management, employees, and Zoo guests.
• Ability to multi-task on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Initiative and ability to work independently, in concert with Staff Photographer’s direction.
• Organized, energetic, flexible, detail-oriented, and a team player.
• Commitment to the mission and values of the Dallas Zoo.
• Periodically works irregular hours, including some nights and weekends.
• Ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work. This may involve some lifting, carrying, moving, pushing, and/or pulling of objects/materials of light weight (15-20 pounds). Some climbing on ladders or over obstacles may be required. Tasks may also involve significant periods of standing or walking outside during events and photo shoots, as well as during event set-up or break-down times.
• Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applicants MUST place job code VPHO in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.