Organization: Alaska SeaLife Center
Location: Seward, Alaska, United States
Job or Internship: Job
This position is responsible for presenting Alaska SeaLife Center (ASLC) marine science programs. Variable hours, including mornings, evenings and weekends as needed. May include national and state-wide travel for professional development and urban/rural outreach.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in a field complementary to the Center’s mission; experience as an intern, teacher, or interpreter in an aquarium, museum, camp or the equivalent. Experience in curriculum writing and development is preferred.
The specific skills and abilities of the employee in this position and the needs of the department will dictate which of the primary responsibilities are performed by the employee.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
1. Develops and presents educational programs with a focus on current marine research in Alaska, to scheduled on-site or off-site school groups and other audiences. Delivery methods may also include distance learning by videoconference, rural outreach, or public presentations. Project development may include curriculum or online education tools.
2. Works with Exhibits, Interpretation, or Science staff to construct props/teaching materials and to complete projects that fulfill the ASLC’s institutional and educational goals.
3. Maintains education equipment and supply inventory.
4. Maintains an effective working relationship with staff. Must be able to work both independently and as a team member, while handling multiple priorities in an efficient manner.
5. Represents the ASLC by presenting programs and resources at off-site special events, such as festivals, conferences, fundraising events, and teacher training days.
This is a temporary, full-time position.
Apply By 3/2/14 Start Date: As Soon As Possible End Date: August 29, 2014
Send resume & application (downloadable on website) to HR@alaskasealife.org or mail to ASLC, Human Resources, P.O. Box 1329, Seward, AK 99664 or fax to 907-224-6320.
Affirmative Action: All qualified applicants will be considered. Minority, women, disabled veterans, campaign badge veterans, recently separated veterans or disabled are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer