Location: Atlanta, GA, Country
Job or Internship: Job
I. Position Summary
As a Buyer, you will be responsible for procuring a variety of commodities and services required to support the business objectives and the fundamental needs of the Aquarium. You will ensure compliance with GAI’s procurement practices, and the business code of conduct policies. You will manage supplier relationships, and identify potential new world-class suppliers. You will be expected to implement cost saving initiatives.
1. Process orders to support the day-to-day needs of the Aquarium.
2. Help consolidate and reduce the GAI Vendor database.
3. Coordinate and help facilitate training on the Great Plains - Electronic Requisitioning process.
4. Meet with strategic suppliers to discuss ways to reduce cost, and increase our cost saving initiatives.
5. Coordinate product training from various suppliers for GAI employees.
6. Negotiate bids and services to support the operational needs of GAI.
7. Disseminate and help select Uniforms for the GAI Staff.
8. Help track Uniform sales and backorders.
9. Sort and distribute packages to the designated areas.
10. Stamp, Sort & Bundle the US Mail.
11. Work with Accounting on reconciling and invoicing issues.
12. Help to maintain a professional appearance of the Purchasing Office, the Cage and any other areas that are affiliated with the Purchasing Department.
13. Other projects and duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
2. Fork lift and electric pallet jack certification.
3. Must be able to lift, move up to 75lbs.
4. Excellent customer service, vendor relationship skills
5. Experience with enterprise accounting software (Great Plains preferred)
6. Above average ability to organize, manage time and set priorities while meeting deadlines
7. Ability to be flexible and shift priorities to meet departmental requirements
8. High level of interpersonal skills to partner with internal/external vendors
9. Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality
10. Effective problem analysis and resolution skills
11. Superior verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills essential
12. Ability to research and analyze various different types of data information
13. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)