Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Country
Job or Internship: Job
I. Position Summary
The Manager, Purchasing will be responsible for managing and coordinating all purchasing and payables functions including establishing and implementation of policies and procedures, negotiation of purchasing contracts, vendor relationship management and prompt payment to vendors, as well as oversee the daily activities of the payables and shipping/receiving functions.
1. Manage and coordinate all purchasing functions, which include coordinating relationships and communication with internal/external vendors.
2. Work with the Controller to establish policies and procedures for purchases and payables.
3. Prepare and review purchase orders for procurement of material and ensure the purchase orders contain all and accurate information.
4. Compiles records of items purchased or transferred between departments.
5. Maintains updated vendor, pricing and inventory information.
6. Expedites deliveries and obtains approval for alternate items required for emergency.
7. Verifies invoices from suppliers, matches with purchase orders, and approves invoices for payment.
8. Manage reconciliations of prepaids and accruals.
9. Continue to implement purchasing card process.
10. Work with IT department to automate purchasing process.
11. Work with Training department to develop classes to train employees on purchasing process and expense reports.
12. Implement fixed asset module in accounting software and tag all assets for inventory tracking.
13. Provide upper management with reports relating to purchasing and payables that includes detailed reports on various expense items.
14. Hire, evaluate, manage, oversee, train & develop the daily activities of payables and shipping/receiving team members and volunteers.
15. Implement and sustain a team environment as well as promoting a culture of personal learning and professional development.
16. To perform other duties as workload necessitates.
1. Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management
2. Minimum of 5 years of proven, purchasing experience
3. Previous supervision and performance management of staff
4. Excellent customer service, vendor relationship skills
5. Experience in Accounts Payable processes highly desired
6. Experience with enterprise accounting software (Great Plains preferred)
7. Above average ability to organize, manage time and set priorities while meeting deadlines
8. Ability to be flexible and shift priorities to meet departmental requirements
9. High level of interpersonal skills to partner with internal/external vendors
10. Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality
11. Effective problem analysis and resolution skills
12. Superior verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills essential
13. Ability to research and analyze various different types of data information
14. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Please apply at www.georgiaaquarium.org