Organization: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc.
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Responsible for the care, husbandry, and training of the African Elephants. We are a protected contact elephant program, with multiple African elephants in a mixed species exhibit.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for maintaining all aspects of daily animal husbandry.
• Responsible for exhibit maintenance and observation.
• Assists in veterinary procedures and research.
• Provides environmental enrichment
• Actively encourages public interest in elephants through educational presentations, public relations and tours.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have 2+ years of Elephant experience.
• Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and have good understanding of operant conditioning training techniques and appropriate application methods.
• Must have excellent communication skills and a willingness to interact positively with the zoo staff and guests.
• Must be able to work in inclement weather.
• Must have good observational skills.
• Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull bend, climb stairs and ladders and carry up to 50lbs.
• Must be able to work holidays and weekends.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applicants MUST place job code EKPR in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.