Organization: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc.
Location: Dallas, Texas, Country
Job or Internship: Job
Responsible for teaching Summer Camps during the 2014 season, Monday – Friday, up to 40 hours per week (June 9th – August 22th). This is a non-benefited, seasonal position.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead full and half day camps at the Dallas Zoo for children ages Pre-K through 8th grade.
• Responsible for organized activities, crafts, snacks, tours and live animal encounters.
• Responsible for the set-up and clean up of daily activities and interacting with teen volunteers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• B.A. /B.S. in Biology, Education or related field preferred.
• Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Must be flexible and willing to assist with a variety of teaching and administrative duties.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk long distances.
• Must be able to work outside.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Minimum of one year experience working with animals in an educational setting preferred.
• At least one year of teaching experience in a classroom, non-formal science center, zoo or nature center preferred.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applicants MUST place job code SCINST in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.