Organization: Children's Zoo at Celebration Square
Location: Saginaw, MI, United States
Job or Internship: Internship
The Children’s Zoo at Celebration Square is currently offering Education Internships for the 2014 Zoo season. Education Internships offer the opportunity to gain an understanding of educating the public about the natural world in a zoological park setting. These are unpaid positions.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
• Assist with and/or present daily amphitheater shows or presentation stations
• Assist with Zoo Crew program
• Assist and/or teach Zoo Camps
• Prepare for upcoming Zoo Camps
• Provide educational interpretation at exhibits
• Assist with outreach programs
• Complete daily paperwork
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Must be at least 18 years of age and enrolled in a college or university, or a recent graduate of a college or university.
• Work may be outdoor and in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Requires good public speaking ability.
• Ability to work with children, teens, and adults.
• Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
• Ability to work both as a team and independently
• Days of work and hours will be determined upon hiring.
• Internships run mid-May through mid-August.
Send resume with cover letter to:
The Children’s Zoo at Celebration Square
Attn: Education Dept.
1730 S. Washington Ave.
Saginaw, MI 48601
Fax: (989) 759-1328
(No phone calls please)