Organization: Georgia Aquarium-Marineland Dolphin Adventure
Location: St. Augustine, Florida, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Manager of Education Programs serves as a direct contact to staff to ensure development and implementation of positive learning experiences for our guests. The Manager coordinates the design, implementation, and evaluation of School and Professional Development Programs. In addition, the Manager is responsible for the coordination of specialty programs, camps and special needs.
• Coordinate all Summer Camp programing, scheduling, supply requisitions, and promotions.
• Coordinate all special needs reservations for the facility.
• Coordinate 3C (internal cultural change committee) activities and be a member of the committee.
• Coordinate employee newsletter.
• Develop, promote and facilitate all field trip/school programs as well as any special group functions.
• Develop long distance learning curriculum and class notes.
• Maintains the staffing calendar and wellness requests.
• Developing educational curriculum that meets the Florida Performance and National Education Curriculum standards.
• Coordinates the development of teacher guides for all programs.
• Assess School Programs – observations of staff, data analysis of surveys, and writing bi-monthly reports.
• Develop, implement, and evaluate professional development programs. Develop and facilitate monthly EaTs meetings.
• Manage school partnership programs.
• Provides interactive learning opportunities that are hands-on and interdisciplinary to school groups.
• Provide the highest standard of customer service to our guests.
• Assists with the care and maintenance of the facility.
• Be involved in local and national associations that will foster the development of skills and our industry.
• Develop annual budget.
• Performs other duties as workload necessitates.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in zoology, biology, ichthyology, marine biology, education, or related fields.
• Four years’ experience teaching formal or non-formal education
• Enjoy working with children and animals.
• Experience interpreting animal or museum exhibits.
• Experience working with living exhibits is a plus.
• Works well with others.
• Knowledge of wildlife conservation, research and environmental issues.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
The Georgia Aquarium and Marineland Dolphin Adventure offers an aggressive benefit and compensation packaged. Please visit our website www.georgiaaquarium.org for additional information and to apply for this opening. Georgia Aquarium Inc. is an EOE and supports a Drug Free Workplace!