Organization: South Carolina Aquarium
Location: Charleston, SC, Country
Job or Internship: Job
Join the team at Charleston, South Carolina's #1 Visitor Attraction located along the Pristine Charleston Harbor!
Develops, implements and maintains policies and procedures to ensure efficient Guest Services operations.
• Manages Admissions and Guest Services (4D Theater).
• Prepares and manages departmental budget.
• Manages and resolves customer complaints/concerns.
• Ensures compliance with cashiering principles to include balancing, auditing and reporting accuracy.
• Demonstrates a high level of knowledge and understanding of ticketing systems & admissions processes.
• Responsible for the daily operation of the 4D Theater.
• Maintains 4D theater ticket, membership and internal program sales goals.
• Schedules staff and approves time.
• Directs the daily opening and closing of the building to include a walk-thru of the entire building to ensure safety, security and cleanliness
• Selects, develops, evaluates and maintains a highly qualified, motivated and diverse professional staff.
• Adheres to the South Carolina Aquarium Policies & Procedures.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Promotes effective internal and external customer service, communication and teamwork.
• Required to work weekends, holidays and some evenings.
• Provides first aid services to guests and employees as needed.
• Member of the Safety Committee.
• Responsible for the general cleanliness and appearance of the ticketing area.
• May be required to lift boxes, weighing less than 50 lbs., containing brochures, ticket stock, receipt paper, and office supplies.
• Required to move mobile carts, wheelchairs and crowd control barriers as necessary.
• Supports the mission by participating in Aquarium sponsored programs and events on a regular basis
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Strong computer knowledge, especially with ticketing systems. Proficient in all MS Office Products including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Ability to manage and inspire front-line staff in a high energy environment with heavy public contact.
• Ability to work in a constantly changing environment, take initiative and be adaptable
• Commitment to providing enthusiastic customer service at all times.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of five years management and direct customer service experience.
• Experience with point of sale systems.
LICENSED & CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Valid Driver’s License.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
• Guest Services Supervisors
• Guest Services Associates
Please apply through the link below: