Organization: Brevard Zoo
Location: Melbourne, FL, Country
Job or Internship: Job
Basic Function: Under the guidance of the Director of Development, is responsible for developing and stewarding relationships with local corporations and businesses, including identification, cultivation, solicitation and implementation of formalized partnerships and alliances. Responsible for pursuing and procuring significant corporate underwriting and sponsorship funding for public events, development/donor events, exhibit openings and other special events, as well as donation of good and services. This will entail designing strategies and tactics to appropriately match corporate and business support to specific Zoo opportunities while building a corporate relations network that will grow and thrive.
• Craft and implement a detailed Development Plan each year for programs related to identification, acquisition, relationship development and stewardship of corporate and business sponsors, donors and supporters
• In coordination with the Directors of Development, Marketing and Membership, design an annual calendar of corporate and business sponsorship opportunities with specific profiles of likely prospects.
• Identify and execute “benefit packages”, exclusive programs and other specific means by which to honor and attract premium-level sponsors and donors
• Interface on a planned and consistent basis with potential and existing corporate and business entities via visits to their locations, breakfast/lunch/coffee meetings, and special Zoo experiences that are designed to educate, cultivate and acknowledge donors and prospects
• Create inventive and effective strategies and programs to promote and appreciate Corporate and Business entities for sponsorships, donations and in-kind services
• Build a growing portfolio of prospects and effectively cultivate and steward them toward a resulting sponsorship/donor relationship with the Zoo.
• Create specific proposals targeted to match prospects with the calendar of Zoo events, openings, and exhibits, as well as other partnership opportunities for sponsorship/donation within the Zoo
• Create presentation packets and materials for sponsorship opportunities
• Work closely with the Board of Directors to identify prospects and gain effective introduction and assistance in relationship building
• Manage and track all corporate and business prospects and current sponsors/donors in Donor Perfect.
• Additional duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent comprehensive experience in fundraising or corporate sales, with a demonstrated track record of successfully building and retaining business partnerships and alliances.
• Demonstrated strategic planning, analytical and project management skills.
• Skill in prospect management and donor recognition, including ability to maintain updated information, track sponsorships/donations and ensure timely and effective follow-up
• Demonstrated success at raising funds and specifically corporate fundraising.
• Superior organizational, communication, presentation, interpersonal and writing skills
• Must be a self-starter who is able to work in a collaborative team environment and on multiple projects simultaneously
• Established business and corporate relationships in Brevard County
• Strong proficiency and experience in the full suite of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Must be able to work special events that may occur outside of the regular work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Ability to work independently exercising independent judgment and discretion
Americans with Disability (ADA) specifications:
The physical demands that are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individual to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs. Balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk to hear, taste or smell. The employee must occasionally and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The overall work environment while performing this job includes exposure to weather conditions and the noise level is usually moderate.
The employee is expected to adhere to all policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to the policies.
To apply please submit your resume via e-mail to email@example.com in Word or .pdf format. No phone calls please.