Organization: City of El Paso
Location: El Paso, TX, United States
Job or Internship: Job
***Recruitment will begin January 02, 2014***
(This is a Temporary/On Call unclassified position.)
Education and Experience: An Associate’s degree in education, marketing, public relations, biology and one (1) year experience in public contact or customer service.
Licenses and Certificates: Texas Class “C” Driver’s License or equivalent from another state.
Under immediate supervision, assist in zoo education programs.
Assist Zoo Education staff with the presentation of education programs. Involves: Participate in overnight sleepover programs, zoo camps, and special one to two hour and half day programs for children and families. Aid to create an environment rich in discovery using Zoo’s education animals. Give oral presentations at the zoo using education animals and other exhibits. Respond to customer’s inquiries regarding the zoo programs and animals, and induce group participation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Application of some knowledge of department’s rules, regulations, and policies.
• Application of some knowledge of the education and teaching principles and practices.
• Application of some knowledge of animal science, conservation issues, and safety precautions.
• Ability and skills necessary to present comprehensive public education programs.
• Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain effective relationships with coworkers and the general public.
Salary: $10.00 per hour per program.
Note: Recruitment will begin on January 2, 2014. On January 2, 2014, interested applicants must go to www.elpasotexas.gov to apply. Applications are only accepted online.
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately because this position will close once a preset number of qualified applications have been received.