Organization: Georgia Aquarium Inc.
Location: Atlanta, GA, Country
Job or Internship: Job
Animal Interactive Program Specialists foster a fun, engaging, and safe experience for Georgia Aquarium guests participating in Animal Interactive Programs. This position will facilitate various aspects of Animal Interactive Programs deemed necessary to ensure the highest quality animal interactive experience. This includes preparing facilities and equipment for scheduled programs; greeting and guiding guests through all non-animal program elements including educational lectures, safety briefings, program debriefings, program surveys, etc; coordinating with zoological operations staff on program needs and scheduling; interacting with the guests; supporting various aspects of the animal interaction components of the programs; and providing information about our animals and exhibits. The Animal Interactive Programs Specialist is responsible for ensuring guest and animal safety, while working as a guide to various Animal Interactive programs throughout the aquarium.
1. Facilitate non-animal aspects of approved animal interactive programs supported by the Animal Interactive Program team.
2. Ensure Animal Interactive programs of the highest quality with animal and guest safety as a top priority.
3. Provide engaging and educational experiences for guests, specifically those participating in Animal Interactive programs, which support our vision and mission through the use of approved messages, Q & A, and conversation.
4. Preparation of facilities, equipment, and supplies required to support scheduled animal interactive programs, including processing of interactive wetsuits and/ or other necessary gear, preparing guest changing facilities and guest briefing facilities, distributing interactive program amenities and souvenirs, and acquiring guest documentation and program survey data, record keeping and related tasks as required.
5. Communicate with specific animal care and training teams regarding scheduled programs and guest logistics.
6. Associate with guest services and the ambassador team regarding program availability and bookings.
7. Work to ensure guest satisfaction, notifying appropriate personnel about challenges and successes in the interaction facilities and exhibit areas, and suggesting constructive solutions to possible challenges related to animal interactive programs and/ or guest experience.
8. Maintain all Animal Interactive program supplies and equipment and product inventory, and facilitate repairs, replacement, and procurement as required.
Applications are accepted on-line at www.georggiaaquarium.org.
The Georgia Aquarium is both an EOE and a Drug Free Environment.