Organization: The Living Desert
Location: Palm Desert, CA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Sponsorship & Promotions Manager
The Living Desert is hiring for the position of Sponsorship & Promotions Manager. This position will develop and direct strategy, planning and execution of ambitious corporate sponsorship programs and an aggressive promotions plan for the institution. The qualified candidate will build comprehensive support for the full-range of the Zoo’s requirements, including annual and capital support.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Developing a comprehensive corporate sponsorship program to support the Zoo’s mission and its institutional priorities
• Managing and creating promotional programs and oversight of detailed analysis support.
• Overseeing on-property, in-paper, on-air and online promotions
• Managing the implementation of key marketing and strategic alliance initiatives
• Oversight involvement in community events, activities and attractions that are sponsored or supported by the Zoo
• Evaluation and detailed analysis of all promotions after completion
Experience/Training required for this position includes:
• Three to five years of proven experience developing and implementing a successful sponsorship effort or the individual could come from the corporate sector, in sales or relationship building
• Working knowledge of basic marketing principles and proven understanding of how to apply those to an extensive arts sponsorship program
• Experience in partner promotions and promotional planning/implementation.
• Hospitality/Attraction or Tour & Travel experience a plus
If you feel that you have the experience and qualifications to do this job well please submit your resume to Kerry Graves, Director of Park Services and Guest Relations at The Living Desert, 47900 Portola Ave., Palm Desert, CA 92260 or submit electronically to email@example.com. Deadlines for all submissions is November 30, 2013.