Organization: The Living Desert
Location: Palm Desert, CA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER
The Living Desert Zoo & Gardens is seeking a qualified Marketing Manager to develop, plan and implement all marketing and public relations with the goal of increasing visitation to this 40 year old attraction. The prospective candidate will report directly to the Director of Park Services and Guest Services.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Creating branding, marketing and advertising strategies.
• Developing annual marketing and advertising budgets and tracking monthly marketing expenditures.
• Submitting all marketing material for approval to the Director of Park Services & Guest Relations.
• Researching new media and innovative marketing opportunities.
• Coordinating with the Interactive Marketing Manager, Events Manager and the Sponsorship/Promotions Manager on the creation and design of all necessary programs and materials.
• Increasing effective communications, public relations and publicity to valued guests and to the general public.
• And other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years marketing experience, preferably in tourism/hospitality or attractions industries. BA/BS in a related discipline preferred. Organized, detail oriented and proficient in traditional and new media is required. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some nights, weekends and holidays.
Please submit resume to Kerry Graves, Director of Park Services and Guest Relations. Mail to The Living Desert, 47900 Portola Ave., Palm Desert, CA 92260 or submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is
November 30, 2013.