Organization: Greensboro Science Center (Aquarium - Museum - Zoo)
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Part-time Communications and Public Relations Coordinator
The Greensboro Science Center is seeking a part-time communications and public relations coordinator who will work with the marketing team to develop and implement marketing efforts for the Center to create brand awareness, community engagement and media coverage. This position will work with the marketing team to plan and implement strategies and day-to-day media relations as well as targeted marketing campaigns. Candidate must have excellent communication skills for both internal and external relations.
Responsibilities include establishing and maintaining media contacts and community partners, negotiating contracts and maintaining them within budget parameters. Candidate must be able to plan and execute press events, write media releases, develop press kits and proactively manage media coverage. Position must collaborative work with the marketing team to monitor internal and external communication for consistency in brand representation. Also, the coordinator will work with the Center’s team to establish an activities calendar and media needs based on that calendar. Additionally position will coordinate with the special events team to execute appropriate marketing of events within budgets. Candidate must effectively manage budgets as well as monitor and perform post analysis on campaigns. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal formats
• Ability to build and maintain community contacts
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work within a very fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities
• Organized and excellent time management
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of media monitoring tools and Google Analytics. Above average aptitude with Office suite: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites is preferred
• Strong project management and organizational skills, creative thinker with a passion for developing relationships with media
• Willingness to work as a team member, including supporting events execution, includes working evenings, holidays and weekends as needed
• Ability to move around facility grounds on a daily basis
The media and PR coordinator is a 20-25 hours/ week, predominately between the hours of 8am-5pm with some evening, early morning and weekend work. Compensation and responsibilities will depend on experience/qualifications.
IMMEDIATE RESPONSE REQUIRED. No phone calls or agencies please. Applicants must apply no later than October 31, 2013 To apply: please submit a cover letter, resume and references to: Greensboro Science Center email@example.com