Organization: Palm Beach Zoo
Location: West Palm Beach, FL, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Palm Beach Zoo seeks Visitor Services Manager
Our Mission: “To inspire people to act on behalf of wildlife and the natural world.”
If you are a customer service oriented manager with an interest in wildlife and conservation, the Palm Beach Zoo could be the perfect place for you.
At the Zoo, we believe all species should have the chance to occupy our planet without the threat of extinction. So we’ve made it our mission to inspire people to act on behalf of wildlife and the natural world. In pursuing this simple goal, we welcome over 300,000 guests each year to experience our exhibits, keeper presentations, and wildlife shows. Our Visitor Services Manager will routinely view our offerings through the eyes of our guests and act to ensure this mission-central experience is truly excellent.
Drawing upon a naturally positive outlook and team orientation, the successful candidate will lead our efforts to maintain, improve, and perfect the visitor experience including:
Visitor first impressions, such as:
o Off campus way-finding signage guiding visitors to the Zoo.
o Parking operations, including visitor transport on busy days from remote parking.
o Grounds keeping.
o Admissions operations, to facilitate efficient, convenient, and secure entry processing.
Guest services experience, such as:
o Common area experience throughout walkways, plazas, guest seating areas, rails, fences, and restrooms of the Zoo to maintain a safe and pleasant traffic flow.
o Guest vending services to ensure smooth and consistent operation.
o Way-finding signage throughout the Zoo to improve and maintain clear directional information.
Customer satisfaction, such as:
o Visitor interaction including surveying guests for important feedback.
o Visitor appreciation.
o Response to any concerns expressed by guests.
• This position reports to the General Curator & Associate Curators.
• This position collaborates with the Admissions Manager, Facilities Manager, Food & Beverage Managers, Events Managers, Membership Manager, Media Relations Manager, and Gift Store Manager.
• Positions reporting to this position include the Volunteer Manager, Grounds keeping and janitorial staff, and janitorial services contractor.
Minimum Qualifications – applicant must have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree.
• Minimum of three years in a supervisory management role.
• Minimum of two years of zoo or related experience in the hospitality or retail industry.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• A Florida driver’s license.
Physical Requirements – applicant must be able to:
• Remain active for an eight hour shift and walk large areas of the Zoo as needed.
• Work in an outdoor environment in Florida where high heat and humidity is common.
• Lift 50 pounds from time to time.
• Operate a variety of equipment such as a computer, computerized register, two-way radio, telephone, and golf cart.
• Pass a drug test.
Non-Traditional Work Hours:
• The successful candidate will be expected to routinely work weekends, special events, and several holidays.Unusual time demands will be offset by a flexible work week, maintaining a work/life balance for this important staff member.
What we offer:
• A competitive salary, commensurate with your skills and experience.
• A generous benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, a 40lK plan, and paid vacations and holidays, and a Zoo Membership!
If this opportunity appeals to you, please e-mail your cover letter and resume prior to November 15, 2013, to: TFrancis@palmbeachzoo.org. No phone calls please.