Organization: San Antonio Zoo
Location: San Antonio, TX, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Nature of Work:
Direct all aspects of the Zootennial Restaurant operations and personnel. Establish and maintain menus for restaurant and catering operations.
• Establish and maintain positive, cooperative, and effective working relations with fellow employees.
• Constantly exhibit a guest service attitude, a smile, and an obvious interest in guest comfort and service.
• Communicate with the public in a courteous and tactful manner and assist guests with questions and directions to various areas of the Zoo. Address the guest - do not wait to be asked.
• Remove trash and debris from public areas (i.e. pick up litter whenever you see it).
• Candidate will be responsible for the startup and maintenance of a high volume new restaurant.
• Ensure the restaurant meets or exceeds all state and local health regulations.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining menus for restaurant and catering; specializing in Texas and regional foods.
• Establish and maintain sufficient PAR levels.
• Maintain close and constant rapport with vendors to assure quality control of products and supplies at the most cost-effective prices.
• Create menus, establish pricing and budgets, provide monthly reviews and analysis of menu performance, and perform monthly food inventory audits.
• Generate required Food & Beverage monthly sales and COGS reports.
• Establish, direct, and enforce San Antonio Zoo operating policies and procedures and ensure employee records are consistently updated.
• Instruct kitchen staff in proper cooking techniques and enforce consistent portion and quality control.
• Ensure sufficient staff is available at all times.
• Assist the Catering Supervisor as needed.
• Any and all other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in food service management, culinary training or related field, experience may be substituted.
• Three years of supervisory experience.
• Five years of successful food and beverage management.
• Effective oral and written skills.
• Successful completion of the Texas Food Management Program.
• Some pastry experience required.
• Knowledge of public health requirements as related to sanitation and food handling procedures and the ability to conduct thorough operational and sanitary inspection.
• TABC license is required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and current POS system.
• Ability to effectively train staff on current POS system.
• Valid Texas driver’s license.
• Knowledge of modern kitchen equipment and the ability to train staff on said equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Knowledge of and ability to implement cash control techniques.
• Ability to deal with employee and employee/customer relations.
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and after-hour assignments.
• Spanish fluency is highly desirable.
To apply for this position go to: www.sazoo.org/jobs.