Organization: Downtown Aquarium
Location: Denver, CO, United States
Job or Internship: Internship
The training intern will gain experience in food preparation, husbandry, enrichment, education, animal observation, and training. Interns are required to complete a project, chosen with the assistance of staff. Interns work closely with trainers, alone in animal exhibits and alongside dangerous animals therefore, the applicant will need to show maturity and be able to follow directions. Prior animal experience is preferred but not required. Our facility does not care for marine mammals.
• Daily maintenance of mammal and bird habitats, and quarantine areas.
• Preparation of diets
• Assist with environmental enrichment with all animal areas
• Observe training principles and philosophies
Requested Job Requirements:
• Ability to work shifts between 7:00 AM-3:00 PM, 3-4 days per week (including weekends and holidays)
• Ability to lift 50+ lbs
• Willingness to get in cold-water habitats on a daily basis
• SCUBA certification preferred
Please email Colleen Shipley at firstname.lastname@example.org for information and an application packet.