Organization: Museum of Science
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Hall of Human Life Program Coordinator
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Hall of Human Life Program Coordinator will be responsible for developing and maintaining training strategies for part-time and volunteer interpreters, and will also lead the development and implementation of community outreach efforts in order to inform the public about HHL messages. S/He will work closely with the Content Coordinator to educate, inform, and motivate both part-time staff and volunteers to ensure an overall positive, educational and fun experience for MOS visitors.
• Assumes responsibility for overseeing briefings four days of the week, including one weekend day and requires working during scheduled holiday periods and school vacation weeks, with maintenance and volunteer training on those days. Delivers 208 briefings annual with an average of 4x per week.
• Interview, hire, supervise, schedule, and train approximately ten part-time staff, and 80+ HHL volunteers in order to create a friendly professional team environment. In addition, conduct a monthly observational review to ensure that all part-time staff and volunteers are able to successfully speak on topics related to the HHL exhibit.
• Oversee a budget for the purchase of supplies.
• Create and maintain an accurate database of 50+ community health contacts and educators.
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Sunday-Thursday.
Manager, Hall of Human Life
• Bachelor of Science or Arts preferred
• More than 3 years program management experience
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
TO APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY IN OUR DIVERSE AND DYNAMIC WORK ENVIRONMENT, SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Human Resources Department
Museum of Science
Boston, MA 02114
Fax: (617) 589-0362
Visit www.mos.org/jobs for our most up-to-date employment listings. No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application. The Museum of Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer.