Organization: Jackson Zoo
Location: Jackson, MS, Country
Job or Internship: Job
The part-time education registrar provides administrative, and registration support for all education programs at the Jackson Zoo, working with and under the direction of education staff.
• Perform all clerical functions of the Education Department.
• Process a high volume of reservations for the zoo's education programs. Respond to client inquiries in a timely manner, providing the highest quality of customer service.
• Process attendance tracking, track bookings, record and process payments, and prepare reports to summarize bookings.
• Answer, and screen incoming phone calls and emails in a pleasant and professional manner, referring clients to appropriate staff, and responding to inquiries.
• Exercise independent judgment and discretion in setting and managing priorities for completing administrative work.
• Provide information to zoo guests regarding zoo functions, animal inquiries, and education programs.
• Occasional assistance with education animal care and program teaching.
• Maintain the cleanliness and physical appearance of the Gertrude C. Ford Display Hall.
• Other duties as assigned
• A minimum of 1 years experience working in a similar field, some college preferred.
• Ability to work Monday - Friday 8:30-12:30. Some holidays, weekends, and evenings.
• Excellent customer service skills; mature, friendly and professional manner, ability to communicate with all levels of staff, clients and guests with poise and tact.
• Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple priorities within an establish timeframe. Demonstrate multi-tasking skills, flexibility with assignments, and ability to work proactively. Ability to operate in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions.
• Excellent writing skills, attentive to detail.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, especially Publisher and Excel, advanced skills preferred.
Interested applicants should send a resume with references, and cover letter by September 3, 2013 to
Becky Olthof Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with Education Registrar as the subject line
Fax: (601) 352-0612
Mail: The Jackson Zoo
Attention: Becky Olthof
2918 West Capitol St
Jackson, MS 39209