Organization: Roger Williams Park Zoo
Location: Providence, RI, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Roger Williams Park Zoo of Providence, Rhode Island, -one of the nation’s oldest zoos and exhibiting over 100 animal species, is currently recruiting for a Membership Manager.
The Membership Manager coordinates the membership process from conception to completion and interacts with members and the general public regarding membership information and member inquiries. This position is also responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of member activities. The Membership Assistant reports to the Membership Manager.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for the accurate and efficient processing of new and renewed memberships from conception to completion via mail, email, internet, gate receipts and fax/phone requests.
• Produce daily mail, gate, internet and phone membership reports for Accounting and for the Development Department upon request.
• Coordinate effective membership campaigns with outside vendors that communicates RI Zoological Society’s and Roger Williams Park Zoo’s mission and fits into the overall marketing objectives.
• Provide honest and professional communications and customer service to members, the general public and other non-profit or AZA organizations.
• Assist in design, coordination, improvements and updates of membership materials, packages, benefits and campaigns.
• Prepare yearly membership renewal schedule.
• Update annual reciprocity agreement with other AZA organizations.
• Engage in strategic planning on ways to consistently increase membership revenues and expand membership base.
• Work closely with Admissions Staff on membership questions and requests.
• Supervise Membership Assistant.
• Plans for and oversees Member Night events.
• Manages all budgets relating to membership and member programs.
• Coordinates holiday membership campaign.
• Opening membership related mail.
• Printing of internet memberships.
• Participation in Development fundraising events.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
Completion of an Associate’s Degree at an accredited college or university in Business Management or related field or equivalent work experience, plus minimum of two years of experience in the direct marketing and/or customer service field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising software and Drupal is required.
Skills and Aptitudes
• Computer proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, MS Excel, Word, and database functions.
• Strong knowledge of donor and/or member acquisition techniques and long-range budget and planning required.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Highly organized and willing to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to meet deadlines and goals, work within established budget.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective, efficient and cooperative relationships with employees, vendors, general public and Zoo members.
• Computer proficiency in completing spreadsheets, database and word processing functions.
• Prior supervisory experience.
• Flexibility to work one weekend day and occasional evenings.
• Successful completion of a background check.
• Valid state driver’s license.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to be a Membership Manager of a well-renowned Zoo in the New England area, located in one of the most exciting and diverse cities on the east coast, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Roger Williams Park Zoo
1000 Elmwood Avenue
Providence, RI 02907
ATTN: Membership Manager Search