Organization: Friends of the National Zoo
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Friends of the National Zoo, a nonprofit member organization dedicated to supporting the education, research, animal care, and sustainability mission of the Smithsonian’s National Zoological Park is seeking an entry level, hands on manager to strengthen the management support within the department. The Assistant Manager will development all phases of the in park shop operational functions, merchandising, and supervising.
• Under the direction of a Store Manager, manage the total operation of a store in accordance with overall merchandise policy
• Train and supervise staff within store location, to include both evaluation and motivation of employees
• Supervise cash handling, register functions and day-end reconciliation
• Ensure that selling areas are maintained in a well stocked, neat, and orderly fashion
• Maintain inventory control through proper upkeep of stock areas for maximum ease and speed of locating, counting and restocking of merchandise
• Maintain security and safety standards in your store
• Maintain the repairs and maintenance programs of all equipment within the gift shop
• Implement and maintain visual presentation within gift shop
• High School Diploma; College Degree preferred
• At least 2 years of experience in the retail industry
• Experience with cash management
• Supervisory experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
All interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter at www.fonzjobs.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, FONZ values workplace diversity.