Organization: Roosevelt Park Zoo
Location: Minot, N.D., us
Job or Internship: Job
GENERAL PURPOSE: Coordinates educational programming and oversees seasonal Guest Services operations for the Roosevelt Park Zoo. Supervises assigned personnel; including one full time assistant, one part time assistant and 15 + seasonal staff. Reports to Zoo Director and serves as a member of the zoo management team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Coordinates the development and delivery of the Zoo’s educational programming to schools, special interest groups, and the public; including animal outreach, onsite education programs, and zoo camp.
· Conducts program activities including classroom visits, zoo tours, and teacher workshops.
· Designs, develops, and utilizes on-site educational graphics and displays.
· Supervises and coordinates seasonal Guest Services operations including, admissions, concessions, and ride operations.
· Hires, trains, supervises, and monitors the performance of, assigned seasonal personnel.
· Assists in bookkeeping functions for the Greater Minot Zoological Society (GMZS) .
· Provides assistance in executing all GMZS and private special events.
· Oversees and coordinates the Zoo’s Teen Volunteer and Docent programs.
· Conducts research identifying grant funding sources to support approved zoo projects.
The RPZ operates seasonally, but facilities and technology recently added will allow for the immediate expansion of our education programs. The city of Minot is thriving and the zoo has plans for growth to be able to serve a rapidly growing visitor base and expectation. Persons applying for this position must be energetic, creative, and able to multi-task. Interested candidates should send cover and resume to David Merritt at email@example.com.