Organization: Chicago Zoological Society
Location: Brookfield, IL, United States
Job or Internship: Internship
Chicago Zoological Society, which manages Brookfield Zoo, is currently accepting applications for our College Experiential Learning Opportunities (CELO) program.
Please visit the following site for specific details on applying and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions you may have: (http://www.czs.org/czs/Educational-Programs/Internships.aspx)
Chicago Zoological Society is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/V/D
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply and to identify themselves.
Title Conservation, Education, and Training Library Intern
Working in the Zoo Library assisting Manager, Library Services and Cataloging Librarian
with a variety of projects. The Zoo Library supports many departments providing research,
inter-library loan, information management, Archives management and circulation of library
materials. The intern will gain experience working as a research and technical assistant to
Intern will participate in some or all of the following tasks:
• Assist librarian with research and data input for Animal Factsheet Wiki.
• Assist in building Chicago Board of Trade Endangered Species Fund database in
Access software. The database will track history of fund, grant applicants, award
amounts, species funded, location of grants and final reporting.
• Participate in the Archives digitization project. Assist in meta tagging, and getting
materials ready for scanning, working with the archival photos, slides and objects to
prepare for scanning process
• Incorporate knowledge of Chicago Zoological Society, its mission and zoo-wide operations
into daily job responsibilities. Become familiar with and follow Society policies and
• Attend meetings and training sessions as assigned.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum one year of college at an accredited institution; G.P.A. 2.5/4.0, any major
accepted and prefer students in MLS programs. Library experience a plus.
• Minimum 18 years of age.
• Completion of a reflective journal or project required as part of internship.
• Strong interpersonal communications and organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Must be able to commit to 12 weeks; approximately 20-40 hours/week.