Organization: SEACHEM LABORATORIES INC
Location: Madison, Georgia, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Seachem Laboratories, the Nation’s largest aquarium supplement manufacturer, is currently seeking highly motivated, personable, and self-starting individuals to fill the role of Sales Support and Product Education Specialist.
The Sales Support & Product Education Specialist is a fast-paced, customer service oriented position with a focus on providing technical and scientific information about Seachem products to varying types of customers including domestic and international distributors, public zoos and aquariums, retail pet and aquarium store owners and employees, and home consumers. Additionally, this position takes an active role in performing sales support duties in assigned territories - both domestically and internationally - requiring a high level of professionalism, organization, and prioritization skills. Individuals must be willing and able to perform the duties of this position under minimal supervision and possess the drive and ability to build strong relationships with accounts in the territories. The ability and schedule to travel both domestically and internationally when and where necessary is a pre-requisite for this position. Persons applying for this position can expect travel to occur once a month or more depending on demand.
Major responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
• Answering technical questions with regard to Seachem products and aquarium keeping using proper presentation, phone, and email etiquette
• Providing exceptional customer service and sales support to key distributors and retailers in an assigned territory
• Facilitate and/or create product training presentations, lectures, and informal seminars in order to educate retailers and end-users on Seachem products
• Travel to major trade shows, aquarium society, and industry events to represent the company when and where necessary as assigned by management
• Perform all other job related functions as assigned by Management regardless of time, location, or anticipated engagements including weekends and evenings.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science-related field
• Willingness and ability to travel regularly in and out of the United States
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to present information effectively in front of large groups in an educated fashion
• On-site employment at Seachem Headquarters in Madison, Georgia (Located directly between Atlanta and Augusta and approximately 40 minutes south of Athens)
** Preferred interest will be given to individuals who speak one or more of the following languages: French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and/or Italian.**
This position is full time hourly. Seachem offers a competitive salary and benefits package with on the job training.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter (PDF format preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail to: Seachem Laboratories, Inc., Attn: Human Resources/R&D, 1000 Seachem Drive, Madison, GA 30650. Seachem is an equal opportunity employer and a drug/alcohol free workplace. www.seachem.com