Organization: Friends of the National Zoo
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Friends of the National Zoo is seeking a hands-on manager for our parking and traffic operations to manage the daily activities of the guest services department while providing an unsurpassed visitor experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the information, parking, traffic, grounds and transportation sections of the Guest Services department. Assist in staffing, maintaining schedules, processing timesheets, team development (to include training) and updating personnel related records
• Responsible for reserved parking and revenue control, and the security and logistical support for special events, group tours and overnight parking
• Responsible for distribution, placement and tracking inventory of Zoo maps, FONZ brochures, parking tickets, membership applications, signs, wheelchairs, strollers and other related materials
• Manage the FONZ Information Program including assisting in developing operational budget, opening and closing of information locations
• Oversee the implementation and monitoring of our revenue operations of the Guest Services department. Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports as needed
• Act as a liaison, with other FONZ/ZOO departments as it relates to staff training, safety, animal information, special events, planning and monitoring guest experiences and general maintenance issues
• Maintains and upgrades the appearance of all aspects of the Guest Services department including but not limited to the information kiosks, signs, parking booths, the visitor’s center front desk and trash and recycling bins throughout the park
• At least two years of supervisory in a related industry (parks, amusement, hospitality) and cash handling experience
• At least one year of office experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Driver’s license with a clean motor vehicle record required
• High school diploma, college degree preferred
• Strong customer service, communication, and organizational skills
• Available to work a very flexible schedule including most weekends, holidays and evenings.
All interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter at www.fonzjobs.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, FONZ values workplace diversity.