Organization: Friends of the National Zoo
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Friends of the National Zoo, a nonprofit member organization dedicated to supporting the education, research, animal care, and sustainability mission of the Smithsonian’s National Zoological Park is seeking an Assistant Warehouse Manager to supervisor and coordinate all warehouse activities at our Hyattsville, MD and National Zoo locations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assists with supervising and coordinating the day-to-day functions of the warehouse
• Ensures the accuracy of the inventory from the point it is received until it is distributed to the various shop locations. Verifies that the merchandise and all counts are correct when received. Verifies transfers of merchandise to shop locations and insures its timely delivery
• Coordinates with Gift Shop managers the daily, weekly, and special deliveries to maintain day-to-day operations
• Manages the use of the inventory control computer system and performs the data entry required. Insures the accuracy of the paperwork, and the distribution to the appropriate personnel for management information on a timely basis
• Supervises and coordinates the receipt, price marking and proper storage of all merchandise items ordered in accordance with the procedures set forth
• Provides general operational support from normal and special event FONZ functions that may impact the warehouse
• Coordinates the timely delivery of all packages received for other FONZ and NZP departments
• Develops and maintains processes and procedures to be followed by employees to meet safety and security requirements ensuring compliance with all federally regulated OSHA standards
• All other duties as assigned
• At least 21 years and over
• High School diploma
• Warehouse operations management experience
• Five years of experience in warehouse work
• Least one year supervisory experience
• Proficient in inventory database management
• Able to lift 50 lbs.
All interested applicants may apply at www.fonzjobs.com
As an equal opportunity employer, FONZ values workplace diversity.