Organization: House of Fins
Location: Greenwich, CT, us
Job or Internship: Job
Based in Greenwich, Connecticut House of Fins is always looking for a few good men and women with a passion for aquarium keeping and a dedication to professionalism. Our retail store is a landmark for aquarium hobbyists and enthusiasts because of our complete range of freshwater and saltwater marine life with an emphasis on the exotic. Our service division develops, installs and maintains some of the most sophisticated and elegant corporate and residential aquariums in the area. Additionally, our custom installation division works with clients to design custom aquariums to fit their exact needs creating the finest in vibrant, interesting and advanced aquatic environments. We are an equal opportunity employer. Additionally, we offer an outstanding benefits package with limited relocation packages available to qualified applicants.
Aquarium Specialist - Service Department
- Cleaning & maintaining fresh and saltwater aquariums in offices and private residences
- Preparing feeding portions and monitoring the health of fish, invertebrates, plants and corals
- Cleaning & maintaining all filtration equipment
- Testing and maintaining proper water parameters
- Installation of aquariums
- Driving between multiple job sites each day in a timely and safe manner
- Bachelors Degree in Biological Science, Environmental Science or related field, or several years experience maintaining personal aquariums
- Experience with keeping tropical freshwater, marine fish, and invertebrates -A thorough knowledge of disease recognition, daily aquarium husbandry, food preparation, nutrition, and water quality necessary for tropical specimens
- The ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- This is a full-time hourly position which will include occasional on-call weekends. All applicants will be subject to a background check. We are a drug free workplace, and a drug test may be required.
If interested, please forward a resumé and a short statement of interest to email@example.com.
Contact info: (203) 661-8131, firstname.lastname@example.org